Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Say One For Me

Because many of the children in our home are no longer children, there are several different Masses attended each weekend. As one or two are leaving for their chosen Mass, I always request that they "say one for me".

It's a line I learned from my mom when my siblings and I started driving ourselves to Mass when we still lived at home. I'm hopeful that it is a line that will continue to go through the families as our children have children of their own.

It is a wonderful feeling to know someone is praying for you. Even if you don't have a specific request at the time, God always knows there's something we need now or will be needing in the near future.

I take my requests to daily Mass with me so if you've asked me to pray for you, rest assured that I am doing just that.

And the next time you go before the Lord, would you please say one for me? Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary - I saw your blog posted on Holy Rosary. Welcome to our group!! I am enjoying reading your blog. We don't do a ton with HR anymore, unfortunately. But we do when time allows. We have 10 children ranging from age 20 - 5 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy. It's nice to be in the group. Glad you're enjoying the blog. It makes me feel alive when I write! Mary

    ReplyDelete