Wednesday, March 14, 2012

When I in Awesome Wonder . . .

Last evening my mom called to let the kiddos know that Venus and Jupiter could be seen, very close together, in the night sky.  A couple of them had a good time setting up the telescope and taking a look at the planets.

This morning when I came out of Mass there was a beautiful half moon lighting up the early morning sky.
The sun was rising, too, and it was an intense orange color as it came over the horizon.

Later this afternoon while I was out walking, I noticed that the trees are starting to bud.  Hurray!
I took a photo of some purple flowers (I don't know what they are called) that are in full bloom in the neighbor's side yard.

This morning's pleasures inspired me to start humming "How Great Thou Art."  How could I do otherwise?  God makes His presence known so boldly if only we are aware enough to appreciate it. I've been singing it in my head all day as I have found more things for which to be grateful.

 Here's a short list that will keep me singing for a long time:

An awesome hubby, healthy children, vehicles that run, 70 degrees in March with more lovely days to come, a visit with two of my sisters and my parents, energy to get through the day,  and no more hole in my living room ceiling.

I pray that I will always be aware of God's blessing and not take them for granted.  He loves our praise.

What makes you sing?







No comments:

Post a Comment