Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Meeting God in the Quiet

The past year has been a crazy, busy time.

My schedule was way overpacked and God led me to know that I needed to change that.

Despite my busyness, I found time to read (or  mostly listen to) some really great books that lead me to deeper peace and a closer relationship with our Lord.  (List at the end.)

As we roll into summer several items have been taken off my "to do" list:

-The grandchildren have different babysitters.  Grammy gets to be just Grammy.
-Wayne and I have completed year D of Catholic Biblical School of Michigan - graduation is    Thursday.
-The girls will be out of school tomorrow--the driving ends for a little while.
-I am taking a summer vacation from my Thursday morning Faith Sharing group.

I keep asking God what's next but He clearly told me not to pack my schedule again right away.

So now I have time.

Time to:

-write
-read
-do crossword puzzles
-cook dinner for my family
-clean my house
-spend time with the girls while they are on vacation
-take a couple of vacations with Wayne
-take some walks with friends

And, pray.  I hope to spend a lot of time in prayer, at Adoration, and reading my Bible.

Now that Bible School is officially over and I don't have assigned Scripture readings and homework, I have to leave my Bible where I can see it every morning so I remember to take the time to find the chapter(s) that will guide my day.

I need to put aside my crossword puzzles and get to the chapel.  There is very little to keep me from this precious time with the Lord. I have several books to take there with me over the summer months.  In that sacred silence I hope to learn a lot and grow in my faith and become better able to share my faith with my readers and those with whom I come into actual contact.

Looking forward to the quiet and finding God therein.

Book list:

 Read and rereading:

Fr. Jacques Philippe:

In the School of the Holy Spirit. (Read)
Searching for and Maintaining Peace (Read)
Called to Life (Reading) 

Scott Hahn:

The First Society: The Sacrament of Matrimony and the Restoration of the Social Order (Read)
The Forth Cup (Read)
Hail Holy Queen (Reread)
Signs of Life (Reading)

C.S. Lewis:

The Four Loves (Read)
The Great Divorce (Read) 
Reflections on the Psalms (Read) 

Matthew Kelly:

Resisting Happiness (Read)

Dr. Mark Miravalle:

Meet Your Spiritual Father (Read)

Brian Kennelly:

To The Heights: A Novel Based on the Life of Pier Giorgio Frassati (Read)

G.K. Chesterton:

St. Thomas Aquinas: The Dumb Ox (Read) 

Bishop Robert Barron: 

Thomas Aquinas: Spiritual Master (Reading) 


Happy reading! 










No comments:

Post a Comment