Friday, April 6, 2018

St. Teresa of Calcutta is My Hero

My life right now is a series of helping others.

I help my mom with my dad.




I help my own children and husband with everyday things.  A little more difficult when three of those children are far from home and still need mom.











I help my oldest children with their children.



It is my special joy to pour myself out to all these loved ones.  But it is tiring.

On the days when I feel like napping the day away, or hiding in the shower for an extra five minutes, I think of Mother Teresa.

She took care of the sick and dying (as I am doing) for love of Christ.

The most enormous difference is that she did all she did for STRANGERS.

I am surrounded by people I love and who love me back.  That makes the giving so much easier for me.  I get hugs, kisses, texts, and Masses offer for me by all the people I help and comfort.

Mother Teresa cared for people she'd never met before they were brought to her doorstep in tragic condition.

She poured out the love of Christ on these people who she knew would be meeting Him in person very soon.

I am pretty sure that she did not have access to a hot shower at the end of her long days.  I wonder if she (and her Sisters)  even had washing machines to launder all the clothes and sheets and supplies she went through.

Whenever I am tempted to murmur or silently bemoan my long days,  I immediately bring St. Teresa to mind so that I can put my days in their proper perspective.  I have not one single reason to complain about anything.

God is good all the time.  I am His servant as He called me to be and "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." (Phil 4:13)


My other blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment