Monday, May 15, 2017

A Thank-You Note to Jesus

Dear Jesus,

I just wanted to say thanks for all you do for me.  You bless me constantly and I am trying really hard to be very aware of all of my blessings.

The big ones are easy:

  • Awesome hubby
  • Awesome children and sons-in-law
  • Max
  • Grace 
  • Max's sibling due in July
And, of course, the rest of this huge family that I get to be part of.  For food and a lovely home. 

Thank you for the things that make my life easier: 
  • truck that runs (no payments)
  • phone
  • lawn mower
  • vacuum cleaner
  • dish washer
  • washer/dryer
  • refrigerator
  • stove
  • lights
  • heat/air conditioning
  • indoor plumbing
  • and so many more blessings
Then there are the parking spaces close to the door in the rain or snow,  and for all the times you've kept me safe driving here, there and everywhere.  For all the times you've said, "yes" when I ask you for things.  For the times you've said, "no" and then shown me why ( and even when you haven't shown me why yet.) 

Thank you for alone time, and me time, and time with those I love! 

Thank you for spring!!

Thank you for giving me ways to draw closer to you, my loving Savior; Mass, confession, Bible study, Dominicans, so many wonderful books to read to help me stay on track. 

 Thank you for giving me your Mamma as my Mamma.  

Thank you my Jesus for loving me like You do.  For picking me up when I fall and allowing me to try again to be the person you created me to be. 

Thank you most of all for becoming one of us.  Thank you for your life, death and resurrection and the promise of eternity with you that make this pilgrimage on earth so worth it.   

I love you, my Jesus.  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment