Thursday, October 23, 2014

When It Hits Home

I am currently enrolled in the Catholic Biblical School of Michigan with my Dear One.  In this four year course we will study the whole Bible.


Right now we are plowing our way through Genesis.  So far we've read about the Flood and the destruction of Sodom (and everything in between).

I was reveling in the fact that at the time of this destruction, there were so few people in the world compared to right now.  I was also bemoaning the fact the we have done as fantastic a job as our Old Testament ancestors did in messing things up!  I wondered out loud to the kids in the truck, whom I was driving to school, why God doesn't zap us.

That's when I got this wonderful bit of knowledge and understanding from our thirteen-year-old daughter:

"Mom", she said, "that why we're here.  Catholics are supposed to go out into the world and teach others about Christ (and His Church).  That's our job."
My teacher!


Wow!  It is lovely to know that she is hearing what is being taught and is able to get her mom back on track when mom forgets for a minute the purpose of it all.  Thanks, Love, for the lesson.  I'll keep it in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment