Monday, April 8, 2013

Green Scapular Miracle

As Catholics we use sacramentals as a way to  "prepare us to receive grace and dispose us to cooperate with it." (CCC 1670)

Sacramentals come in many forms, from a blessing, to holy water and the Rosary, to a devotion to a favorite saint.  

They are used as a way to draw us closer to God.

The Rosary is my favorite sacramental. Not only do I have several; under my pillow, in my van, in most of my outerwear pockets, in my kitchen,  I meditate on the mysteries daily.  

Another of Mary's gifts to her children is the Green Scapular.  The green scapular is a piece of cloth with a cord for wearing around one's neck (although your pocket or in your purse or bedroom suffice.)  

On one side of the Scapular is an image of Mary. The other side shows an image of her pierced Immaculate Heart.   The prayer inscribed is "Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death."

On September 8, 1840 the Green Scapular was given for distribution to Sr. Justine Bisqueyburu.  It's main purpose is the conversion of sinners.  However many miraculous physical healing have been attributed to it as well.  www.catholictradition.org/Mary/green-scapular4.htm



My sister, Margaret, passes out Green Scapulars and keeps a record of miracles.  Last week, we got notice of another one.

My dear friend, Sooz, was told she had a brain tumor.  She was going to need a very intense operation that she told me about in graphic detail.  Scary!!  I mailed a Green Scapular to her and began immediately and several times each day to pray the above prayer.   I added to my prayers, "Lord, please let the doctor put her to sleep, do the MRI and find nothing, and wake her back up and send her home." 

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED!!  The tumor had shrunk to a sliver of its original size and the operation was cancelled.  Today she is at work when she would have been in the hospital, with her shaved head bandaged and hurting.  

God is so good.  And Mary's intercession is so powerful before His throne.  Never fear to entrust your needs to the Mother of our Lord and Savior.  

Thank you, Dear Lord, for this miracle. May lives and hearts be changed in light of it. Thank you, Mamma Mary for your devoted intercession for our needs.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love Green Scapular miracle stories. I'd LOVE to hear more about some of the other miracles from your sister's records.

    ReplyDelete