Thursday, August 2, 2012

How's Your Fortitude?

Earlier this week number 2 son wanted to go see "The Dark Night Rises".  He'll be 16 years old in a couple of weeks but still I was hemming and hawing.  I hate violent movies!

His cousins were going (even the one with the mom who is stricter than I am).

I told him I had issues with the violence.  He didn't seem deterred by it.  (I will never know just how violent it is because I will never watch it.) Apparently there is more to the story than just the violence because everyone I know who has seen it has said it is fantastic.

So where does fortitude fit in?  I caved.  I let him go with his aunt and uncle and cousins.  He thought it was wonderful. I still feel a little guilty.

I sent my sister (not the same one mentioned above) a text that said: 'So much for fortitude in the face of adversity.  I hope if I ever have to defend my faith by giving up my life, that my tormentors don't pout!'

How's your fortitude?  I have found out that I need to pray very hard for mine to increase.  It is so important when raising children to not cave in and give them bad things because it is easier to say yes than list all the reasons why not to kids who can't or don't want to understand.

If you think of it, pray for me.

I'm sure the movie won't turn him into a bad guy.  But, another choice may have made me a better mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment