Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Counting My Blessings

Yesterday I was at the opthamologist's office with two of the children. They were new patients so, of course, there were forms to fill out. One form for each of them was a health history. As I read through the list of potential medical conditions with which they could be afflicted I was so grateful to be able to check 'NONE' in all of the categories except allergies.

How often I overlook this in my grumbling and worrying; I have nine healthy children! Thank you, Lord.

What else do I miss and forget to thank God for? Unfortunately, a lot. Here are some of the things that have not gone unnoticed.

A horrible tornado struck Missouri and killed over 100 people; we had thunder storms with some tree limbs down. Thank you, Lord.

One of my daughter's classmates died in a car accident this year; my daughter graduated! Thank you, Lord.

The unemployment rate is still way high; my husband and 6 of my kids have jobs. Thank you, Lord.

Many children need glasses or perhaps surgery to correct eye problems; my girls can see just fine unaided. Thank you, Lord.

Lord, help me to see all of your blessings, all of the time, but most especially when things feel overwhelming. Grant me Your grace to be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment