Tuesday, February 10, 2015

God-Things

One year ago this month, I attended my first meeting at the Ann Arbor based Lay Dominican group (now known as Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati Lay Dominican Group--not Community yet as we don't have enough professed members.)

That was quite a weekend and God was working in many ways, both hidden and obvious.

I spend a quiet Friday night at a nearby hotel just soaking in the alone time. This is a God-thing and a hubby-thing.  They both know I need these quiet times.

The next day I went to Christ the King for Mass.  As I was entering the church, someone called my name.  For Pete's sake, I was in Ann Arbor, who knows me here?  Low and behold it was my cuz, Terry.

She invited me to this "Dominican thing" she was going to with a friend.  Hmm, that's where I was headed.  What a God-thing to send me a friend that was going so I didn't have to go alone.

While we were waiting for Mass to start, Terry reached in her purse and pulled out a small booklet titled, "Our Lady, Undoer of Knots" and handed it to me.   As I began to read the description of the novena, I was moved to tears.

Terry had no idea I was struggling with some things in my life (aren't we all?).  God, however, knew.  It was His God-thing that put her there at that moment and told her to hand me that booklet.

This little booklet,  this POWERFUL novena, Mamma Mary's intercession and God have changed my life.  I've have prayed it twice for myself and am in the process of praying for one of our kiddos. (Waiting patiently for that answer!)

We all experience God-things.  We don't always recognize them though.  As you walk through your days, look for God-things.  They are there.  God always knows what we need when we need it.  As you begin to look for them, you will see them all the time.

Our realization that God is with us and taking care of us is the best God-thing of all.



www.thatslife12.blogspot.com







No comments:

Post a Comment